The Okonite Company has implemented TabWare CMMS / EAM to manage plant maintenance for their cable plants and manufacturing facilities located throughout the US.
About The Okonite Company:
The Okonite Company was founded in 1878 and is one of the original insulators of electrical wire and cable in the United States. Okonite is headquartered in Ramsey, New Jersey, and operates six plants that manufacture products ranging from insulated wire, approximating a human hair in thickness, to cable measuring six inches in diameter. Their cables are manufactured with a variety of insulating and jacketing materials including Okoguard® EPR, laminated polypropylene paper (LPP) and other thermosetting and thermoplastic compounds.
Okonite serves a multitude of industry markets including Oil & Gas (refineries and production platforms), Chemical, Military bases, Electric Utility, Railroad, Transit and Pulp & Paper. Okonite is committed to the highest level of customer service and provides an unparalleled level of capability in the manufacturing and service of insulated cable products.
Challenges & Requirements:
- Improve maintenance organization efficiency
- CMMS / EAM solution with manufacturing-specific functionality
- Solution provider with extensive industry experience
- Reduce equipment downtime
It was important to find the right solution in support of our maintenance improvement strategy at our cable plants. Improving equipment reliability through better planning and having access to critical data to mitigate unscheduled downtime is key to our operations. Our business is growing and it’s imperative our equipment operates at peak efficiency to ensure we meet the high demand for our products. TabWare will help us ensure our equipment functions at the highest levels possible, so we can meet customer demands. Moreover, the ability for us to license the product in a hosted environment is an extremely cost-effective solution.”
– John Silver, VP of Manufacturing
The Okonite Company
- Improves equipment reliability and longevity to meet customer needs
- Easy to use solution for maintenance personnel
- Cloud deployment helps them get up and running quickly
- Better control over maintenance costs
- Quick access to important maintenance data