Dakota Prairie Refining (DPR) selects TabWare CMMS / EAM to help maximize asset performance and longevity at their state-of-the-art oil refinery located near Dickinson, North Dakota.
About Dakota Prairie Refining:
Dakota Prairie Refining is the first new oil refinery to be built in the US in over 30 years, and is a start-of-the-art facility that utilizes modern emission-control technology. The refinery processes 20,000 barrels/day of Bakken crude oil and ships the remaining components of the crude oil to other refineries for further processing or to other parties for their use. Dakota Prairie is committed to safety, being a good neighbor and operating in an environmentally responsible manner.
Dakota Prairie Refining is built, owned and operated by WBI Energy, Inc. and Calumet Specialty Products Partners, two well-established partners that have complementary capabilities and expertise. The plant and pipeline construction cost nearly $300 million, and the partners realized the need for a robust CMMS / EAM solution to help maximize asset performance and longevity in their new facility.
Challenges & Requirements:
- Proven success and experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Robust functionality and demonstrate ease-of-use for maintenance users
- Integration with Accounts Payable system
- One solution to manage all equipment, maintenance, inventory and purchasing activities
- Helps ensure the refinery is operating at maximum performance and efficiency
- Improvements in uptime
- Detailed equipment hierarchy that easily captures all maintenance history and costs
- TabWare CrossRoads quickly and seamlessly integrated TabWare CMMS / EAM with Dakota Prairie’s Accounts Payable system
- One system for all maintenance and operation needs
- Environmental compliance through the use of Work Orders
- Increase in planned work