Process Safety Management with TabWare
Companies in the process industry must manage their impact on the environment, provide safe work places with proper safety equipment and procedures and protect employee and community health. To help ensure safe and healthful workplaces, OSHA has issued the Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals standard (29 CFR 1910.119) which contains requirements for the management of hazards associated with processes using highly hazardous chemicals.
TabWare supports Process Safety Management (PSM) operations through:
- Written process safety information such as process hazard analyses can be linked to areas and equipment and to work orders
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) can be linked to areas and equipment as well as to inventory items linked to identified hazards
- Safe Work Practices such as maintenance, safety, operations and emergency procedures can be specified at the area, equipment and work order levels. Safe work practices include items such as:
- Job Safety Analysis
- Safe work instructions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Permit requirements, such as hot work, confined space entry, etc.
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedures
- Mechanical Integrity is supported by scheduling and documenting periodic inspections and testing of process equipment as well as addressing findings through follow up work orders.
- Management of Change (MoC) is supported by TabWare’s work orders where PSM-related work must go through a specific series of user-defined stages
- Incident tracking and follow up is supported by TabWare’s Event Tracking Module where any type of incident can be documented and tracked along with follow up actions to form a complete audit trail.
TabWare supports process safety management programs and incorporates safety into normal maintenance operations through its job planning and document linking features. It also records events and tracks follow up work. TabWare is a comprehensive Enterprise Asset Management software (EAM CMMS) solution that is easy to learn, easy to use and easy to own.