TabWare Process Safety Management
Companies are responsible for managing their impact on the environment, providing safe work places with proper safety equipment and procedures and protecting employee and community health.
TabWare CMMS / EAM supports Process Safety Management (PSM) operations through:
- Written process safety information linked to areas, equipment and work orders
- Identifying hazards by linking Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to areas, equipment and inventory items
- Safe Work Practices specified in work orders and at the area and equipment levels. Safe work practices include items such as:
- Job Safety Analysis
- Safe work instructions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Permit requirements, such as hot work, confined space entry, etc.
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedures
- Mechanical Integrity supported by scheduling and documenting periodic inspections and testing of process equipment
- Work orders support Management of Change (MoC) where PSM-related work must go through a specific series of user-defined stages
- Event Tracking provides a complete audit trail for any type of incident with documentation, tracking and follow-up actions.
TabWare supports process safety management programs and incorporates safety into normal maintenance operations through its job planning and document linking features. It also records events and tracks follow-up work.