Maintenance work is identified and requested from everywhere in your organization. From simple hot / cold temperature adjustment requests to generated preventive maintenance work orders and highly sophisticated automated alerts of equipment issues, you need an easy way to manage and organize your work. Work order management software helps organize and control your work.
The TabWare Work Order module is easy to use to help manage all your maintenance and project-related work including:
- Routine work
- Corrective work
- Preventive Maintenance (PM) work
- Emergency work
- Project, shutdown and outage work
- Environmental, Health and Safety work
Approving work orders has never been easier with TabWare’s mobile approval feature. Available on tablets and smartphones, mobile work order approval enables managers to avoid delaying the approval process.
TabWare provides a single platform to organize and manage all your work from initial requests through approval cycles, planning, scheduling, execution, completion and reporting.
Many maintenance organizations operate in a break-fix mode and simply react to problems and record the work after the fact. While TabWare supports this type of operation, it also provides a quick and easy transition to planned maintenance. Work planning is an integral part of an effective maintenance management system.
Planned maintenance is safer and less costly than reactive maintenance.
TabWare also provides standard job plans for repetitive work, a more formal library of standard work processes along with parts, instructions, permits, personal protective equipment, resource/skill requirements and tools required, and TabWare’s Work Order module provides PM Master Plans from which PM work orders are generated.
Project work is supported by TabWare’s Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) where a single work order can be divided into tasks and sub-tasks with cost roll-up to the base work order. Work orders can also be linked together with project numbers for projects, shutdowns and outages. Project work is not included in routine maintenance operations and project material requirements do not impact normal inventory stocking level settings nor allocations.
TabWare’s robust Work Order Module is integrated with other TabWare modules to help maximize asset performance. For example, stock items listed on work order job plans are integrated with the TabWare Inventory Module where parts are allocated to the work order and then reserved when the work is scheduled. Key features include:
- Create a work order with just 2 mouse clicks (and you can close the work order with the same function)
- TabWare’s Query Wizard provides quick access and easy sorting/selection of your maintenance backlog
- Easily build job plans from completed work orders
- Use Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for tasks and sub-tasks to handle complex projects
- Drag and drop parts from the equipment hierarchy or from an inventory query directly to work orders
- Create requisitions directly from work orders
- Easily specify needed skills and resources and work assignments on work orders
- Easy review and approval work flow
- Equipment-related documents are automatically linked to work orders
- Link any type of document to work orders
- Track all repair and maintenance costs
- Automatic cost roll up of work order tasks and sub-tasks
- Budgets for projects can be specified at the work order, task and sub-task level
- Capture component, condition and actions to support RCM and root-cause failure
Here are just a few benefits customers experience when using the TabWare Work Order Module:
- Maximized asset performance
- Reduced unplanned downtime
- Reduced overtime
- Improved “wrench time”
- Reduced cost
- Keeps technicians off the computer and on maintenance tasks
- Integration with inventory gets the right parts to the right place at the right time
- Improved management command and control
- Improved regulatory compliance
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for U.S. public companies
- Improved safety
- Support for Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) programs
- Support for lean maintenance programs