A Preventive Maintenance (PM) system is critical to effective asset management. From inspection tasks designed to detect impending failures to lubrication and wear part replacement, your PM system is the first line of defense against unplanned downtime and equipment failures.
Aptean EAM TabWare Edition provides a single platform to easily plan, organize and manage all your PM work including building PM Master Plans, linking them to equipment and scheduling PM work order generation. Aptean EAM provides a comprehensive audit trail of all PM work and reports schedule compliance.
- PM Master Plans are pre-planned work orders stored in Aptean EAM
- Link a single PM Master Plan to multiple equipment items (such as all pumps)
- Link a single equipment item to multiple PM Master Plans (PM program for equipment)
- Schedule PM work orders by time and/or units such as hours of operation or meters
- Automatic PM roll-up for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual PMs
- Hold generation of a new PM pending completion of an existing PM
- Changes to equipment operating status (out of service/in service) stops/starts PM work
- 52-week PM look ahead shows resource requirements and allows adjustments
- Schedule compliance reported on KPI dashboards
- Maximized asset performance and reduced unplanned downtime
- Increased throughput and line efficiency
- Improved Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Automatic PM work order generation with lead time for scheduling
- Quickly identify all affected equipment for each PM master plan
- Improved management command and control
- Improved regulatory compliance
- Identify complete PM program for a particular piece of equipment
- Support for Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) programs
- Support for lean maintenance and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programs
We recommend your PM system be based on a Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) program to define the necessary tasks and schedule their execution to maximize asset performance.
A preventive maintenance system is an integral part of a maintenance management solution and maximizes asset performance. An effective preventive maintenance system also supports predictive maintenance by planning and scheduling their tasks as PM work orders.