NuGen Energy, LLC, has selected TabWare CMMS / EAM to maximize asset performance and longevity at their ethanol plant located in Marion, South Dakota.
About NuGen Energy, LLC:
NuGen Energy, LLC, founded in 2005, was formerly known as US Bio Marion, LLC and currently operates as a subsidiary of REX American Resources Corporation. NuGen operates a 110 million gallon per year ethanol plant in Marion, South Dakota, with a mission to anticipate, meet, and exceed patrons’ expectations while providing local profitability. The NuGen facility has a design capacity of 100 million gallons of ethanol and 320,000 tons of dried distiller grains per year.
NuGen wanted to become more efficient by integrating their maintenance management solution with their financial solution, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and that was going to be very cumbersome with their existing Maximo EAM solution.
Challenges & Requirements:
- Easy integration with existing Microsoft Dynamics GP (formally Microsoft Great Plains)
- Robust and easy to use maintenance management solution
- Capture bearing temperature readings
- Scalable solution that will continue to meet their needs as they grow
- Reduce entry errors and save time for maintenance personal
“Compared to Maximo, TabWare is robust, easier to use, and more reliable. Integrating our CMMS / EAM solution with our existing Microsoft Dynamics GP financial system was extremely important to us, and TabWare provided the easiest and most cost effective integration to our existing Dynamics GP solution. We’re now able to enter Work Order, Inventory and Purchasing data just once and it automatically updates both TabWare and GP. This saves time and reduces the chances of keystroke errors.”
– James Axelson, IT Manager
NuGen Energy, LLC
- Real-time updates between TabWare solution and Microsoft Dynamics GP
- More reliable CMMS / EAM solution
- Up and running quickly with a high user adoption rate
- Maximizes asset performance and longevity
- Reduces operating costs
“The TabWare user interface is the best we saw, causing a higher acceptance by the maintenance group which means we got up and running even faster. In our industry, capturing bearing temperature readings is very important. Other CMMS / EAM solutions couldn’t record these, but with TabWare, it’s extremely simple. We also love the fact that training was offered remotely via the internet. It was the fastest and easiest way to get our staff up and running.”
– James Axelson
NuGen Energy, LLC