Grande Cache Coal (GCC) has implemented TabWare CMMS / EAM to improve operations and safely manage their mining and coal processing assets.
About Grande Cache Coal:
Grande Cache Coal (GCC) is an Alberta-based metallurgical coal mining company whose experienced team of coal professionals is managing mining operations that produce metallurgical coal for the steel industry. GCC holds coal leases covering over 29,000 hectares containing over 300 million tons of coal resources in the Smoky River Coalfield located in west-central Alberta.
Grande Cache Coal needed a CMMS / EAM solution to maintain the plant and moveable operating assets throughout the entire life cycle of activities, from asset acquisition through asset disposal.
Challenges & Requirements:
- Integration with existing Microsoft Dynamics AX (AX) ERP solution
- Safely manage operational assets
- Ensure equipment functions at highest levels possible
- Access to critical maintenance data that allows better decision making
- Seamlessly connects the maintenance data with the financial and accounting data needed in AX
- Cross-department functions are now more informed and timely in supporting the operation
- “Real-Time” materials management and procurement information provided at the equipment level for use during preventive, corrective, emergency maintenance, failure analysis, reporting and metric monitoring work
- Maximizes asset performance and longevity