Continental Refining Company (CRC) achieves a successful roll-out of TabWare CMMS / EAM to manage all refinery assets and maintenance operations for their crude oil refinery located in Somerset, Kentucky.
About Continental Refining Company:
Continental Refining Company (CRC) is the only crude oil refinery in southern Kentucky and proudly provides small and medium oil producers and gatherers with transportation savings, favorable crude oil rates and rapid payments that surpass petroleum company standard practices.
The 80-year-old plant processes crude oil and produces high-quality finished fuel products. At full capacity, the Somerset refinery can produce 23 million gallons of gasoline, 6 million gallons of kerosene, 21 million gallons of diesel fuel and 30 million gallons of heating oils within one year.
Challenges & Requirements:
- Track work orders and equipment history
- Ease-of-use for maintenance personnel
- Meet their maintenance and process safety management (PSM) needs
- Spare parts inventory
- Preventive Maintenance (PM)
- Purchasing management
- Purchase Order and invoice matching
- Environmental compliance
- The ability to define their equipment parent-child hierarchy for 1,400 equipment items
- Proven success and deep Oil & Gas industry experience
- Improvements in uptime
- Tracks PSM documents linked to specific equipment items and any associated work orders
- Manages all refinery assets and maintenance operations
- Tracks major capital projects
- Generates PM work orders to maintain pipeline assets, such as valves and fittings
- Schedules and tracks environmental compliance inspections
We originally selected TabWare because of its ease-of-use and proven experience with Oil & Gas customers. Now that we have the basic functionality implemented, we are uncovering more and more ways that TabWare will help manage all of our operations. Not only are we very pleased with how configurable the solution is to our specific needs, but the customer service has been great.”
– Keith Thacker, CMMS Administrator