Companies are responsible for managing their impact on the environment, providing safe work places with proper safety equipment and procedures and protecting employee and community health.
TabWare CMMS / EAM supports Process Safety Management (PSM) operations through:
- Written process safety information linked to areas, equipment and work orders
- Identifying hazards by linking Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to areas, equipment and inventory items
- Safe Work Practices specified in work orders and at the area and equipment levels. Safe work practices include items such as:
- Job Safety Analysis
- Safe work instructions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Permit requirements, such as hot work, confined space entry, etc.
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedures
- Mechanical Integrity supported by scheduling and documenting periodic inspections and testing of process equipment
- Work orders support Management of Change (MoC) where PSM-related work must go through a specific series of user-defined stages
- Event Tracking provides a complete audit trail for any type of incident with documentation, tracking and follow-up actions.
TabWare supports process safety management programs and incorporates safety into normal maintenance operations through its job planning and document linking features. It also records events and tracks follow-up work.